Hi friends!!! Instead of sharing fashion related posts today I wanted to open up and share some things about myself that you might not know! It’s the deeper things we share that I feel really connect us to one another. Please feel free to share something about yourself in the comments section – I love learning about you all as well!!
- I grew up in Hutchinson, KS and lived in the same house up until I moved away to college. I have one older brother and my parents divorced when I was 8. I was the world’s biggest daddy’s girl so it was pretty tough but we did the whole every other weekend thing although it still wasn’t the same.
- I attended a catholic school from first grade all the way until I graduated high school. Our junior high and high school were together and we had a total of around 250 kids. My graduating class was 47. And yes, nuns taught me – but only for religion class. Even though I wouldn’t have told you at the time, looking back at it, I really did enjoy the private school and having a smaller class size.
- I broke my wrist when I was in 5th grade. My brother and I were jumping on a trampoline at our neighbor’s house and when he was jumping down it flew me about as high as the trees and I landed on my back and wrist. And I didn’t even shed a tear! I was a very tough little girl.
- I’ve been obsessed with Eminem since I was 13 years old when “Hi My Name Is” came out and I’m still obsessed 20 years later. My mom actually bought me the full explicit Marshall Mathers LP CD for me when I was 13 as well as the 2001 Dr. Dre CD that had a picture of a marijuana leaf on it which I didn’t ever think was odd until I grew up. I actually went through a very dark depression during high school and listening to Eminem’s music was about the only thing helping me through it. I can’t really explain it but I just really connected with the lyrics of some of his songs. And I think it’s because him and I have more in common than people think but I’m not ready to share about those things yet.
- I’m a huge introvert and I’ve been labeled as shy and quiet my entire life. It always seemed like a negative thing when people would tell me that but being a thinker and observer doesn’t make me less than anyone else and I like those qualities about me.
- My dad passed away when I was 20 from a heart attack and it was the worst day I’ve ever experienced in my life. I don’t think life can ever prepare you for something like that. He was my favorite person on the entire planet and it’s something that I still grieve to this day. What I’m left with is knowing how much he loved me. No one has ever loved me that unconditionally. Just like he was my favorite person, I know I was his favorite as well. I have a tattoo on my left wrist with the words he wrote on the last birthday card I ever received from him. It makes me feel like I have a part of him with me at all times. His death taught me to truly appreciate every day on this earth and to spend as much time with the ones you love as possible.
- I had my daughter my junior year of college and then took a year off after that to take care of her. I went back and got 2 bachelor’s degrees and I didn’t stop there! I applied to a 2-year master’s degree program in Early Childhood Special Education and graduated in those 2 years all while being a single mom of a toddler and working full-time. I can’t even describe the feeling I felt after I accomplished that! It’s one of my proudest life accomplishments.
- I’ve been diagnosed with a few mental health disorders and I think it’s important to be open about those since there’s such a stigma out there. I have bipolar depression, anxiety, and ADD. It’s real and it’s difficult. I’ll be doing a whole new post about living with a mental health disorder in the near future.
- I’ve never had braces and my wisdom teeth are still in. My top teeth are perfectly straight and my bottom teeth used to be but those dang wisdom teeth went and made a few crooked!! Argh!
- I am a true crime junkie! Dateline is my jam. I actually used to want to be a criminal psychologist when I was growing up. It’s just so fascinating to me that a person can do horrendous things like that. I’ve always been curious about what goes on in someone’s brain like that.
Hopefully you got to know me a little better and on a deeper level! Can’t wait to learn more about you!